You will work as part of the Operations & Infrastructure team and will work closely with the development team helping them to optimise, support and deliver various systems for both development and production, hosted on the public cloud in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You will be involved in the implementation, development and support of AWS services, domain management (DNS, Route53) and support third party integration and maintenance.
Role responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Responsible for day-to-day support of the company AWS infrastructure by helping plan, develop, implement, optimise, and maintain our cloud-based solutions inline with best practices.
- Setting up multi-account AWS Infrastructure-as-Code implementation, patching, backup, monitoring solution and full-stack observability
- Analysing the needs of the company and acting as a champion for change within the team, offering new ideas, recommending best solution/practices and continuously developing knowledge and processes to improve customer experience.
- Maintaining the security and integrity of our clients AWS infrastructure, including reducing costs.
- Continuously seek out opportunities to drive operational improvement and productivity, and close performance gaps while meeting business goals and objectives.
- Continuously improve processes and solutions to be scalable and highly available, including DR and BCP.
- Work closely with our in-house development team and 3rd party business partners.
- Responsible for incident management while alerting of anomalous detection of behaviours and managing support requests via JIRA.
This is a snapshot of the current tech environment and the areas you will need experience. You won't be expected to know all of this but the core of your experience will run in parallel.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- PHP, Node.js, React, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL
- CI/CD pipelines
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Sonicwall NSv virtual firewall
- SSH, CLI & API
- Two or more years’ experience provisioning, operating and managing AWS environments.
- Experience in managing a multi-account AWS environment.
- Experience building and maintaining AWS multi-regions
- Ability to make trade-off decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity to meet a set of application requirements.
- Knowledge of AWS services and their application; security controls for workloads on AWS; logging and monitoring strategies; cloud security threat models; patch management and security automation; ways to enhance AWS security services with third-party tools and services; and disaster recovery controls, including, DR, BCP and backups, encryption, access control, data retention and segregation.
- Understanding of various DevOps tools and CI/CD tools like Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, Buddy, Docker etc.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including VPN tunnels, VPC configuration and security.
- Experience in AWS Security services and Network Services.
- Experience working with Development teams and delivering cloud infrastructure support.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to talk to colleagues about your work in a way that is understood, educates and inspires.
- Strong fundamentals in troubleshooting: able to identify root causes and find workarounds.
- AWS certifications like, AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate.
- Prior experience with Terraform, CDK, or a similar IaC technology.
- Ability to interact comfortably with AWS resources via CLI, SSH, and/or API.