- Coordinate with the UK Sales Manager in the development and implementation of group business development strategy.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities.
- Identify Key Target Accounts approved by UK Sales Manager and determine the commercial opportunities within each.
- Complete Strategic Account Plans for all Key Accounts
- Maintain sufficient pipeline of open opportunities in CRM to achieve assigned annual budget in accordance with company methodology.
- Monitor key markets.
- Participate in commercial & pricing policies and mechanisms.
- Oversee effective identification and response to tenders as directed by the UK Sales Manager.
- Management of bid preparation and submission.
- Develop and coordinate methodology to develop new customers and open new markets in line with group strategic direction.
- Develop relationships with existing clients and maximise revenue potential.
- Assist in the development of marketing & advertising opportunities & materials.
- Management of sales & marketing information: group CRM software, mailing, databases etc.
- Organising and attending events and exhibitions.
- Carrying out market research and customer surveys to assess demand,
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a sales role focusing on new business ideally in Drainage/Engineering
- Ability to monitor market trends
- Knowledge of commercial & pricing policies
- Tender identification and response
- Customer relationship management
- Networking and negotiation skills
- Market research skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound IT skills
- Willing to learn “on the job”
- Must have good verbal and written skills
- Resourceful & proactive
- Team player
- Understands confidentiality
The ideal candidate for this role must have 3 years previous experience in a business-to-business sales role, a proven track record in delivering new business sales through marketing and direct sales activities.
The successful candidate will receive a base salary up to £40,000 to £45,000 and a generous commission package and a company car allowance of up to £400 per month.
Due to the nature of this role and the expected high application rate, our client will only be looking to receive applications from candidates who can show a strong business to business direct sales background, along with proven track record of Business Development.