Based at their distribution centre in Clutton, near Bristol, as a Transport Supervisor, you will manage and control your area of responsibility in line with area specific KPI targets and time constraints.
You will provide effective leadership, motivation, training and development to your team and will report to the Southern Branch Manager.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and motivating team player who has previous experience in a busy transport office environment including fleet maintenance, route scheduling, legislative compliance and experience of working time, driver’s hours and tachograph analysis.
You must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships at all levels
- Driven to deliver performance and results
- People focused, able to lead and motivate others
- Open minded and able to embrace and influence change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
The key accountabilities of the role will include:
- Lead, motivate and challenge your team to deliver consistently high results and help drive maximum productivity and service to our valued customers
- Plan the daily delivery schedules to achieve optimum customer service whilst ensuring the commercial vehicle fleet is operated safely and efficiently
- Responsibility for your area of control ensuring all KPI targets are consistently achieved
- Achieve and maintain crucial compliance standards
- Work in collaboration with peers to maximize efficiencies and best practice