Our client is one of the fastest growing privately owned companies in the UK. Their aim is to provide the best customer service in the industry, with 15 depots across the UK and their Hub Distribution Centre based in Manchester.
Managing the day to day running of the warehouse you will be monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods. The role is responsible for the line management of the staff within the distribution team including warehouse staff and transportation staff, ensuring that all delivery requirements for the depot are successfully met.
- Ensure full availability of products.
- Managing an O licence fleet within the required legislation.
- Managing recruitment, training and appraising of employees.
- Allocation and manage staff resource according to ever changing needs.
- Managing of costs within budget.
- Implement, manage and maintain health and safety standards.
- Manage an effective stock control and replenishment process.
- Liaising with customers to ensure high levels of customer service are being achieved.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Competent in use of Microsoft suite of packages.
- Ability to be flexible as we are a 7 day operation.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Good team work skills.
- National CPC holder would be advantageous but not essential, as training would be provided for the right applicant.
- Communication and Leadership skills.
- Able to motivate a workforce and encourage strong teamwork.
If you have previous experience working within a similar role and are looking for a new opportunity to further your career this could be just what you have been looking for.